The tube of ants came with a caution to "never handle or touch ants directly as they bite or sting to defend themselves". As soon as Jacob heard this he did not want anything to do with the project. But luckily additional instructions said to refrigerate the ants for 15 minutes to "calm them down". We successfully got the ants into the habitat without any trouble. Additional reading revealed that my ants would be very hungry and thirsty and I should drop a little food and water into the habitat. You mean I have to feed these things! Considering what I usually do to an ant, feeding and watering it is not on the top of my list. Luckily Jacob has volunteered for this job.
Saturday, February 12, 2011
The Ant Farm
The tube of ants came with a caution to "never handle or touch ants directly as they bite or sting to defend themselves". As soon as Jacob heard this he did not want anything to do with the project. But luckily additional instructions said to refrigerate the ants for 15 minutes to "calm them down". We successfully got the ants into the habitat without any trouble. Additional reading revealed that my ants would be very hungry and thirsty and I should drop a little food and water into the habitat. You mean I have to feed these things! Considering what I usually do to an ant, feeding and watering it is not on the top of my list. Luckily Jacob has volunteered for this job.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You know Diane, the next step is reptile! It's a very slippery slope!
Post a Comment