Sunday, August 16, 2015

August Round Up

Welcome to another addition of the August Birthday Round Up.  We have celebrated a few milestones this year.

We started off the month, the first to be exact, with Hank's birthday.  He turned a very proud 85.
In case you were wondering I made another Dorie Greenspan cake, Perfect Party Cake,  It was a vanilla cake, raspberry filling, buttercream frosting and coconut on top.  Hank requested pineapple upside down cake for next year, I can do that.
Jacob made Zaide that award to see there.  I think everyone can expect a 3D modeling gift this year.
We celebrated Michael (49th) and Jacob's (12th) birthdays together this year, as far as cake baking is concerned.  When your wife is involved in a baking club there is always something sweet in the house.  We had just polished off a Cherry Crumb Tart and another cake was just not needed. Michael decided he could suffer the 5 days until the next cake.

Jacob asked for a hamburger cake this year.  I searched the web hoping I could find one I could make, cake decorating is not my forte. Thanks to the Food Network I found a doable cake with a tutorial.  It came out better than expected.
Scott said he wanted one of these beauties for his birthday next year.  I said this cake was not worthy of a 50th birthday party but then again I am speaking to The BBQ King.

I tried to get the September birthday girl to pick out a cake for her birthday. She decided on a box cake mix with canned frosting.  Sigh, you can't win the all...

No comments: