Tuesday, April 25, 2023

The Jimmy Carter Presidential Library and Museum

 We spent about 2 hours at the Presidential Library. I feel like I have a better understanding and appreciation for our 39th President. 

In the rose garden. 
Looking out from the entrance, very tranquil. 
Nobel Peace Prize 2002.
Medals of Freedom. On August 9, 1999, Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter were awarded Presidential Medals of Freedom by President Bill Clinton. This award is the nation's highest civilian honor. 
I didn't realize how much of a trail blazer Rosalynn was, she was a true equal partner. 
Life-size replica of the Oval Office. 
Wasn't expecting to see a shofar in the library. The Synagogue Council of America gave this shofar to President Carter in 1979.
Michael, Edie our friend and her youngest son Ry all went out on a bike ride yesterday. These 2 were rewarded with gelato. 


Birthday wishes. 


No comments: