Friday, August 1, 2014

My Life in a Zip-Top Bag

The flooring company is doing their utmost best to keep dust at bay.  I feel like the boy in the bubble or living in a zip-top bag.

On Wednesday when all this went up, I was caught off guard.  I told them I needed access to food as Jacob and I were home.  They left a zipper access to the kitchen but the island was sealed off on both sides before I could get any utensils.  I gave up eating from home and ordered pizza, we ate in Jacob's bedroom.  Thursday we all had a respite as I went to work and Jacob and Hope went to Brentwood for the day.  Silly me I thought they would be done by Thursday.  When I came home from work and it wasn't done I wanted to cry.  Friday I was more prepared for life in a bubble.  I packed up a cooler full of food and drinks knowing we would be trapped until their lunch break.  Taking the dog out for a break was the only reason we needed to leave the bubble.  I am crossing my fingers that they finish today.

No comments: