Monday, December 31, 2018

More Toyota MR2 Project

Michael, again.  Today I removed the automatic brake pedal (wide) and replaced it with the brake pedal from the donor car (narrower).  This took hours under the dash with the driver's seat, and many plastic pieces removed to gain access.

After that, I installed the donor clutch pedal bracket using two of the three new holes I drilled in the firewall.  It fit great!  Then I installed the clutch pedal with its spring and starter safety switch.


Three Pedals!  It's Looking Like a Proper Car Now
(but that third one doesn't do anything just yet)

While I'm waiting for the new clutch master cylinder to arrive and fill the third hole, I'll start disassembling around this gruesome thing, but leaving the car drivable.


Much thanks to Harbor Freight and their coupons; I bought my first set of metric open end wrenches that proved quite useful.

No comments: